Off-Road Vehicle Ordinance
Click here for Ionia County’s ORV Ordinance, which was adopted on March 24, 2015 and amended on May 12, 2015. For questions regarding this Ordinance, please contact the Administration Office (616.527.5300) or the Sheriff’s Office (616.527.5383).
County Job Board
There are 2 new job posting on the Ionia County Job Board. Please click here to view the Ionia County Job Board.
Board/Committee Vacancies and Upcoming Appointments
The Board of Commissioners appoints local citizens to a number of boards and committees. Appointments are made at varying times throughout the year, depending on the board/committee. There are also vacancies that occur due to a board/committee member leaving or choosing not to be reappointed. Those vacancies are open for applicants at any time during the vacancy. Please check here for monthly updates of current vacancies and upcoming appointments.
If you are interested in serving your county, please fill out an Application for Appointment and forward it to the Administration Office. For more information on the various boards and committees, please review our Board-Committee Appointment Information List. More information can also be found on our Boards and Commission Appointments page.
Current Board/Committee Vacancies
*Board of Public Works – One three-year appointment expiring January 2018.
*Construction Board of Appeals – Two two-year appointment expiring October 2017, one which serves as an alternate member.
*Economic Development Corporation/Brownfield Redevelopment Authority – One three-year appointment, expiring April 2018.
*West Michigan Regional Planning Commission – Two one-year terms, expiring December 2017.
Upcoming Appointments for Consideration:
- Commission on Aging Board – One appointment to be made in September 2017
- Construction Board of Appeals – Six appointments to be made in October 2017
- Department of Human Services Board (Ionia County Representatives) – One appointment made in October 2017
- Central Dispatch Board of Directors – Two Citizen Representative appointments made in December 2017
- Substance Abuse Initiative – Representatives from Commissioner District’s One, Two and Seven, appointed in December 2017
- West Michigan Regional Planning Commission (WMRPC) – Three appointments made in December 2017
- WMRPC Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee – Two appointments made in December 2017
2016 Board of Commissioners’ Year in Review
Listed below are just a few of the accomplishments for 2016:
- Proceeding with new facility with Landmark Design Group and Beckering Construction
- My Community Dental Center Agreement
- Ionia County Health Department Electronic Health Records
- Central Dispatch Radio Console Project
- Mobile Computer Aided Dispatch Projects
- Ionia County Airport Crack Sealing Project
As stated, this is just a few of our successes. We look forward to working together to make 2017 another productive year.